Ritchie Studio fully adheres to the Equality Act 2010 on equality and diversity, which makes it unlawful to discriminate against anyone on the grounds of race, sex, pregnancy and maternity, marriage or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, disability, religion or belief, age or sexual orientation. Applicants are assessed on merit and ability.
Ritchie Studio is signed up to the RIBA’s Inclusion Charter and to the Mayor of London’s Diversity Pledge:
By signing the RIBA Inclusion Charter, practices and individuals:
- acknowledge the urgent need for inclusion in the architecture profession and wider construction industry.
- commit to setting inclusion targets and an EDI (equality, diversity and inclusion) action plan for their practice.
- commit to developing their workplace culture, talent pipeline and ways of working to support inclusion.
- commit to publicly reporting on progress of their EDI plan – transparency and accountability are vital to drive cultural change.
- commit to embedding inclusive design in all projects, and contributing to the development of inclusive environments
Employers who take the Diversity Pledge are committed to three core principles:
- Work in partnership to drive sustainable change
- Practice internal transparency and encourage peer to peer mentoring
- Provide access to work experience opportunities and/or quality apprenticeship